Microsoft Teams offers a number of telemedicine features useful for hospitals and other Healthcare organizations. Teams features are under development to aid hospitals with:
- Virtual visits and Electronic Healthcare Record (EHR) integration
- Teams policy packages
- Secure messaging
- Teams templates
- Care coordination and collaboration
This functionality is part of the Microsoft Cloud for Healthcare. Learn more about using this solution, which brings together capabilities from Azure, Dynamics 365, and Microsoft 365 at Microsoft Cloud for Healthcare.
Watch the following video to learn more about using the healthcare collection to enhance health team collaboration in Microsoft Teams.
Virtual visits and Electronic Healthcare Record (EHR) integration
Use the complete meetings platform in Microsoft Teams to schedule, manage, and conduct virtual visits with patients.
- If your organization already uses Electronic Health Records, or EHR, you can integrate Microsoft Teams healthcare for a more seamless experience. Microsoft Teams Electronic Health Record (EHR) Connector makes it easy for clinicians to launch a virtual patient visit or consultation with another provider in Teams directly from the EHR system. To learn more, see Virtual visits with Teams – Integration into EHR.
- If you aren’t using a supported EHR, you can use Microsoft Bookings and the Bookings app in Teams. To learn more, see Bookings app and virtual visits in Microsoft Teams.
Microsoft Teams enables physicians, clinicians, nurses, and other staff to collaborate efficiently with included collaboration features in Microsoft Teams, such as:
- Set up teams and channels for your health teams and information workers. Use channels with tabs as a way to structure their work, with additional help from tabs to which they can pin information sources.
- Chat, post messages, and communicate. Your team can have persistent conversations about different patients needing attention.
- Call and meet with members of the health team. Set up individual meetings, or use channel meetings to manage daily meetings, both with the power of Teams audio, video, screen sharing, recording, and transcription features.
- Store and share files and documents. Your health team is part of a single virtualized team that works and collaborates on Office documents.
In addition, your team can use apps in Teams to:
- Share lists and track information with the Lists app
- Track and monitor tasks with the Tasks app
- Streamline approvals with the Approvals app
- Create, manage, and share schedules with the Shifts app
Related: Microsoft Teams Healthcare